SOLYMONE BLOG

P.UTHAYAKUMAR NOT TO RETURN TO DETAINTION CENTER


KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia: Hindu Rights Action Force (Hindraf) leader P. Uthayakumar today reiterated his stand not to return to the Kamunting Detention Camp despite being served a notice instructing him to return in two days time.
Speaking to his suppo
rters after performing prayers in Batu Caves here, Uthayakumar said he is not bound to the conditions set by the Home Ministry upon his release from detention under the Internal Security Act (ISA) and therefore need not reply to the notice.
“I am a free man. Article 5 of the Federal Constitution says that no person may be deprived of life or personal liberty save in accordance with law. “I did not pen down my signature to the conditions set upon my release. When they told me of the conditions, I shut my ears so I could not hear,” he told the crowd in Tamil.
The release of all the Hindraf leaders including Uthayakumar, were conditional. Among the conditions is the prohibition to speak at public gatherings.
Uthayakumar however said on his release that he did not agree to the conditions and would rather stay under detention than being released with conditions. He was subsequently released without signing the conditions.
Courtesy: The Malaysian Insider
0 comments:

VISITORS DETAIL LOCATION


VISITORS GEOFLAGS SINCE AUGUST 26, 2009

SABAH, MALAYSIAN BORNEO - THE LAND BELOW THE WIND

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwwqqEiV0is

National Portal News Onine

Translate

TOTAL PAGES VIEW SINCE 30 DAYS AGO

TRANSLATE TO YOUR LANGUAGE

Solymone

My photo
Tenghilan, TUARAN, Sabah, Malaysia

MY FACEBOOK

VISITORS LOCATION GLOBE

VISITORS NATIONAL FLAG

VISITORS GEOFLAGS BY CITY

WHY I KEEP RE-VISITING SABAH

WHY I KEEP RE-VISITING SABAH
Clicks To Read

IINTERNATIONAL BLOGSPOT

BLOG ARCHIVE

MALAYSIAN BORNEO BLOGGERS

MALAYSIAN BORNEO BLOGGERS

...................................................................

...................................................................
MALAYSIAN
Blog Widget by LinkWithin