SOLYMONE BLOG

U.K. BANK WORKER SACKED FOR CRITICISING HER BOSS SALARY IN FB


Miss Bon was working at a branch of the Halifax, part of the giant, taxpayer-controlled Lloyds Banking Group
COLCHESTER, U.K - A bank worker got the sack after she criticised her boss's £4,000-an-hour salary on Facebook. Stephanie Bon(right photo), 37, from Colchester, Essex, was working as a £7-an-hour HR assistant for Lloyds Banking Group when she heard about her new chief executive, António Horta-Osório's mammoth salary.
Miss Bon went on Facebook and posted 'LBG's new CEO gets £4,000 an hour. I get £7. That's fair.' But after her bosses heard about the comment she was marched from the offices and fired.
  • Last week it was revealed that the taxpayer-owned bank offered António Horta-Osório(right photo) as much as £13.5million in salary, bonuses and other benefits this year to poach him from Spanish bank Santander.
  • The Portuguese banker will also benefit from nearly £900,000-a-year in pension contributions, to make up for his departure from Santander's generous final salary scheme.
  • The pay-outs caused dismay among taxpayers, who own 41 per cent of Lloyds after government bailouts rescued it from oblivion during the 2008 financial crisis.
  • The generous pension arrangements are certain to irk public and private sector workers who have been frozen out of their own final salary pension schemes by companies blaming difficult economic conditions..
Defiant Miss Bon said: 'I can't believe I have been treated so appallingly for what essentially amounts to a chat with my mates outside work.
'I was at my friend's having coffee and it was on the news. I went on Facebook and within a couple of hours something else came up so I changed my status.'
  • Miss Bon was working in the Colchester branch of Halifax - part of the publicly-owned banking giant - when she made the on-line comments.
  • 'I went to lunch and when I came back, one of my friends there was saying: "They're talking about you with Facebook last night".'
  • She argued that she had not revealed anything confidential but her bosses were in no mood for forgiveness.
  • She said: 'My team leader asked me why I was writing things like that. Then my manager came in and said she was disappointed in me.
A Lloyds TSB spokesman said: ‘Stephanie Bon’s departure had absolutely nothing to do with Facebook.
'Stephanie was employed via an agency on a short-term 7-day rolling contract. The work she had been brought in to do was coming to an end and so she was given her notice. It was only after the notice was served that the comments she made on Facebook then came to light.’
Source: Agency
0 comments:

VISITORS DETAIL LOCATION


VISITORS GEOFLAGS SINCE AUGUST 26, 2009

SABAH, MALAYSIAN BORNEO - THE LAND BELOW THE WIND

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwwqqEiV0is

National Portal News Onine

Translate

TOTAL PAGES VIEW SINCE 30 DAYS AGO

TRANSLATE TO YOUR LANGUAGE

Solymone

My photo
Tenghilan, TUARAN, Sabah, Malaysia

MY FACEBOOK

VISITORS LOCATION GLOBE

VISITORS NATIONAL FLAG

VISITORS GEOFLAGS BY CITY

WHY I KEEP RE-VISITING SABAH

WHY I KEEP RE-VISITING SABAH
Clicks To Read

IINTERNATIONAL BLOGSPOT

BLOG ARCHIVE

MALAYSIAN BORNEO BLOGGERS

MALAYSIAN BORNEO BLOGGERS

...................................................................

...................................................................
MALAYSIAN
Blog Widget by LinkWithin