SOLYMONE BLOG

DIVORCE TATTOOS GROWING IN POPULARITY

Labels:
Divorce tattoos have become increasingly popular in recent years, according to Nerve com., which highlighted the trend this week in a piece called Why Are Young Women Getting #DivorceTattoos and Posting Them Online?   
Popular among younger female divorcees (Nearly 40% of  Americans between the ages of 18 and 29 now boast at least one tattoo, according to the Pew Research Center,) tattoos that celebrate the end of one's marriage can be found in spades on Pinterest, Reddit, Tumblr and Imgur right now.  
While there is definitely a strong community of people in support of divorce tattoos, some around the web are critical of the trend. 
"Twenty years from now I’m not sure I would want an inked memory of my state of mind during divorce," wrote divorce blogger Lisa Thomson. 
"It might trigger sad memories. Also, because we go through emotional highs and lows during divorce it might be kind of dangerous to make a permanent decision like getting a tattoo."
 
"Going through a divorce and this simple tattoo in my mom's handwriting gives me strength. It says 'Just keep swimming,'" wrote a redditor called PuppyBreath in the r/tattoo subreddit last year.

 "In the months leading up to my divorce I had a horrible tubal pregnancy, had chemo, and was deserted by a husband who said he’d always be there,” wrote JulieAnn about her tattoo.  
”When I was healthy enough to get a tattoo, this saying was one of the things that pulled me through everything. Whenever I have a bad day now, I always look at my wrist and remember I’ve been through worse and this too shall pass.”
 
As for Katy, who had previously got her husband's initials tattooed on her ring ringer, a feather cover-up piece felt appropriate.
“When we split it was a constant reminder of regret and hurt. I didn’t want to get it removed so my tattoo artist and I came up with the feather to symbolize freedom," she wrote. "I absolutely love it! It reminds me daily that even if one day I do get remarried I will not be the girl to let another man cage me and form me to what he thought was the perfect woman like my ex did. I will always have some form of freedom.”

Source: CBC
0 comments:

VISITORS DETAIL LOCATION


VISITORS GEOFLAGS SINCE AUGUST 26, 2009

SABAH, MALAYSIAN BORNEO - THE LAND BELOW THE WIND

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwwqqEiV0is

National Portal News Onine

Translate

TOTAL PAGES VIEW SINCE 30 DAYS AGO

TRANSLATE TO YOUR LANGUAGE

Solymone

My photo
Tenghilan, TUARAN, Sabah, Malaysia

MY FACEBOOK

VISITORS LOCATION GLOBE

VISITORS NATIONAL FLAG

VISITORS GEOFLAGS BY CITY

WHY I KEEP RE-VISITING SABAH

WHY I KEEP RE-VISITING SABAH
Clicks To Read

IINTERNATIONAL BLOGSPOT

BLOG ARCHIVE

MALAYSIAN BORNEO BLOGGERS

MALAYSIAN BORNEO BLOGGERS

...................................................................

...................................................................
MALAYSIAN
Blog Widget by LinkWithin