SOLYMONE BLOG

COLOMBIA'S ZUNIGA RECEIVES FLOODS OF DEATH THREAT OVER NEYMAR FOUL?

Labels: ,
Colombia's Juan Zuniga received a flood of death threats and racist abuse on social media Saturday as Brazilians reacted angrily to his tournament-ending foul on star forward Neymar.
"Zuniga" was trending on Twitter and messages included a torrent of abusive comment aimed at the Napoli defender after he kneed Neymar in the back, fracturing a vertebrae.
Among the less offensive posts, contributors called the 28-year-old a "monster" and the "biggest villain in the history of football".
The abuse was tempered by other posts which called for calm and said racist abuse was unacceptable.
Zuniga earlier said he did not mean to hurt Neymar in the challenge, which came towards the end of a combative match which saw 54 fouls.
"I never wanted to hurt the player. When I'm on the pitch, I do everything to defend my country and the shirt I wear, but always without intent to injure anybody," he told Globo TV.
"It was a match both teams wanted to win. It got a bit heated. There were strong tackles but the Brazilians were doing the same. It's normal. I didn't make that challenge trying to break his spine. I was defending my country.
"It's a very sad thing. I hope, with the help of God that it's not too serious because everyone knows he's a great talent for Brazil."

Source: AFP
0 comments:

VISITORS DETAIL LOCATION


VISITORS GEOFLAGS SINCE AUGUST 26, 2009

SABAH, MALAYSIAN BORNEO - THE LAND BELOW THE WIND

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwwqqEiV0is

National Portal News Onine

Translate

TOTAL PAGES VIEW SINCE 30 DAYS AGO

TRANSLATE TO YOUR LANGUAGE

Solymone

My photo
Tenghilan, TUARAN, Sabah, Malaysia

MY FACEBOOK

VISITORS LOCATION GLOBE

VISITORS NATIONAL FLAG

VISITORS GEOFLAGS BY CITY

WHY I KEEP RE-VISITING SABAH

WHY I KEEP RE-VISITING SABAH
Clicks To Read

IINTERNATIONAL BLOGSPOT

BLOG ARCHIVE

MALAYSIAN BORNEO BLOGGERS

MALAYSIAN BORNEO BLOGGERS

...................................................................

...................................................................
MALAYSIAN
Blog Widget by LinkWithin