SOLYMONE BLOG

MALAYSIAN YOUTH MORE CONCERNED ABOUT SURVIVAL THAN POLITICS?


PETALING JAYA, Malaysia - Malay youth are apparently worried about survival in the current economic climate rather than concern themselves with racial or political issues.
A viral video clip (in Malay language), posted by Majlis Tindakan Ekonomi Melayu Bersatu (MTEM) on Facebook Wednesday, shows a 23-year-old woman named Zahra speaking about the financial struggles she and those of her generation face.
"When I was a student, I always dreamt about my life after graduating. Because of the big salary that I thought I would receive, I could plan my life accordingly," she said to an audience that included Deputy Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin.
"But almost two years after graduating, I am disappointed and angry with my fate. The reality of working life is torturous.  Yes, I drive to the office, but the car is not mine. I borrowed it from my father and pay him RM500 each month for it.
"Usually, by the end of the month, I have take the LRT to the office because my pockets are empty. It has become a routine, and I am ashamed to face my parents 
because of this. 
  • "I should be taking care of them, not the other way around," said Zahra.
  • In the video, she also said that purchasing a house would remain a distant dream for many.
  • "To buy a house at Melawati or Ampang, you must earn at least RM9,000 per month.
  • "I know I'm not alone. Many of my friends are suffering. We don't see a way out. My future and those of other Malay youth is bleak.
  • "Honestly, we Malay youth don't care about political or racial issues, because what matters to us is the issue of survival," said Zahra.
The video has garnered more than 38,500 Views, received more than 5,000 likes, been shared more than 7,000 times and drawn more than 1,000 comments since it was posted.

Source: The Star, Agency

0 comments:

VISITORS DETAIL LOCATION


VISITORS GEOFLAGS SINCE AUGUST 26, 2009

SABAH, MALAYSIAN BORNEO - THE LAND BELOW THE WIND

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwwqqEiV0is

National Portal News Onine

Translate

TOTAL PAGES VIEW SINCE 30 DAYS AGO

TRANSLATE TO YOUR LANGUAGE

Solymone

My photo
Tenghilan, TUARAN, Sabah, Malaysia

MY FACEBOOK

VISITORS LOCATION GLOBE

VISITORS NATIONAL FLAG

VISITORS GEOFLAGS BY CITY

WHY I KEEP RE-VISITING SABAH

WHY I KEEP RE-VISITING SABAH
Clicks To Read

IINTERNATIONAL BLOGSPOT

BLOG ARCHIVE

MALAYSIAN BORNEO BLOGGERS

MALAYSIAN BORNEO BLOGGERS

...................................................................

...................................................................
MALAYSIAN
Blog Widget by LinkWithin